Purchase Guide of Hearing Aid (Amplification Device):
Hearing aid can be used in both calm and noisy situations. Hearing Aid has three basic parts namely microphone, amplifier and speaker also known as receiver. Hearing aid receives sound through microphone. Microphone convers sound waves to electrical signals and send to the amplifier. Amplifier increases sound signals as per requirement by the hearing aid user. Then amplified sound send to receiver for better hearing.
A hearing aid is an electronic device that amplifies sounds through inbuilt amplifier. A person with hearing loss can hear better thereby communicate better to participate in day to day activities. Hearing aid can be used in both calm and noisy situations. Hearing Aid has three basic parts namely microphone, amplifier and speaker also known as receiver. Hearing aid receives sound through microphone. Microphone convers sound waves to electrical signals and send to the amplifier. Amplifier increases sound signals as per requirement by the hearing aid user. Then amplified sound send to receiver for better hearing.
Symptoms of Hearing Difficulty:
Do your ears hurt or drain fluid?
- Do you experience constant ringing in one or both ears?
- Do you feel which ear is better?
- Do you have trouble determining where sounds come from?
-Do you ask for repetition?
- Do you think people talking with you seem to mumble?
- Do you often think "my hearing is not as good as it used to be?"
- Does it seem like people do not speak clearly?
- Do you feel you have to strain to understand conversations?
-Do you feel unclear of speech from back side or distance than front.
- Does your family members and friends told you can’t hear properly.
- Do you avoid social activities & group conversation for fear that you will not be able to hear
- Do you have trouble understanding the speaker’s at large gatherings?
- Do you have trouble hearing conversations in a noisy background such as a crowded room or restaurant?
- Do you have a problem hearing voices over the telephone?
- Do you worry that you may not hear the telephone ring or doorbell?
- Do you listen TV at a loud volume, or have trouble understanding conversations on TV?
In general Hearing loss in general can be categorized by
- Permanent hearing loss - can't be cured.
- Temporary hearing loss - can be cured through proper medical treatment.
Medical diagnosis Hearing Loss can be categorized -
- Conductive Hearing Loss - Problem in External and Middle Ear
- Sensory Neural Hearing Loss - Problem in Inner Ear
- Mixed Hearing Loss - Problem in all three - External, Middle and Inner Ear.
Causes of hearing loss are
- Genetic problem.
- Exposure to Noise
- Ear infections are the common cause
- Birth complications
- Traumatic injury to ear
- Due to medicines and toxins.
- Excessive use of Headphones and Mobiles
In normal course any persons having hearing loss can identify hearing loss by
- Problems in general communications when talking each other.
- Listening TV, Radio etc in loud volume.
- Others people are commenting - have you hearing problem?
- Long time suffering from ear diseases.
- Can't hear whispering sound etc.
Clinically hearing loss is measured through -
- Audiometer Device in a Acoustically controlled room.
where audiologist measure hearing thresholds and frame a curve known as Audiogram for each ear indicating ability to hearing.
By drawing audiogram curve audiologist caterorized hearing loss in decible unit - Mild Hearing Loss, Moderate Hearing Loss, Moderately Severe Hearing Loss, Severe Hearing Loss, Profound Hearing Loss.
Hearing loss or hearing impairment is inability to hear totally or partially. We define complete deaf as no hearing ability. Whereas a person with partial hearing problem can hear with hearing aid.
A person suffering from hearing loss only in one ear is known as unilateral hearing loss. A person having inability to hearing in both ears is known a binaural hearing loss.
Patient having hearing loss can feel loneliness, communication problem, social problems. Children suffering from hearing loss can affect the ability to learn spoken language.
Temporary hearing loss may be cured through medical guidance whereas permanent hearing loss can't be cured.
Hearing aid to be prescribed for those suffering from permanent partial hearing problem. Completer deaf person have no result with hearing aid.